Study Skill Tips
Get ComfortableChoose a quiet place, one that is free from distractions
- Examples: a library, backyard, coffee shop, or a relative's house.
Find a comfortable, well lit spotClear your work space and get organized
- Clear the area of clutter, it will help you focus.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Plan accordingly.
- AMake each assignment your goal and try not to get sidetracked!
- AFollow the calendar in ROADS as closely as possible.
- AFor example - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you work on Reading, Math, and Art. Tuesday and Thursday you work on Science and Social Studies.
- AChoose the time of the day that you are most focused and have the least amount of distractions.
Ask for Help!
- There are teachers and teacher assistants available 24/7 on chat, class mail, or phone and would be happy to help you!
Ready, Set, Study!Review notes and important class materials
- Make a separate word document with notes for when you have to take the test. Or even better, write them down in a notebook!
- Go through flash cards with a friend or family member.
During assignments, open up a second browser of ROADS
- It makes it easier to have 2 windows of ROADS open at once.
- Create a daily to-do list
- Give each task a rating
- Check off items as you do them
- Plan some extra time just in case
- Plan ahead
- Get a good night's sleep